Pueblo Bonito Resorts Celebrate World Cocktail Day
Los Cabos, Mexico (May 4, 2023) – Here’s a recipe all mixologists, professional and amateur alike, should have cued up to celebrate World Cocktail Day on Saturday (May 13).
The Tennessee Citrus is one of the most popular drinks served at The After, a chic sports bar at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Courtesy of Hector Michel Fregoso, mixologist at The After, the Tennessee Citrus is bold yet refreshing, headlined with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, mixed with peach liqueur, pineapple juice and more, and elegantly served in a rocks glass for an extra shot of class.
Cheers, Happy World Cocktail Day, and here’s the full recipe …
Tennessee Citrus Cocktail Recipe
Spirit: Tennessee whiskey, known for its woody and lighter than bourbon flavor, with notes of caramel and fruits
Glass: Rock glass for its elegant and sophisticated appearance
- Jack Daniel’s – 60 ml
- Peach liqueur – 30 ml
- Lemon juice – 30 ml
- Pineapple juice – 15 ml
- Pineapple small cubes – 20 gr
- Tajin – 2 tbsp
- Lemon – 1 piece
How to make it
Prepare your glass
- Cut a slice of lemon and run the wedge on one side of the rim of the glass.
- Sprinkle tajin on a plate and pass the rim of the glass over it.
Combine the ingredients
A cocktail shaker is ideal, although any container you can close and shake will work.
- Add half of the pineapple to the shaker and macerate for 30 seconds.
- Pour the whiskey with the peach liqueur, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and ice into the container and shake for 10 seconds. If you have a cocktail shaker, shake it until icy cold on the outside.
- Fill the glass with ¾ of ice and strain the cocktail into it.
- Decorate with the rest of the pineapple cubes on top of the cocktail. All this assembly delivers surprisingly fresh drink with citrus and sweet elements that can be chewed to maximize the experience.